Wednesday, May 09, 2012

As... so...

For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the whale, so will the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. (Mt 12:40)

For as Jonah became a sign to the men of Nineveh, so will the Son of man be to this generation. (Lk 11:30)

Just as the weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so will it be at the close of the age. (Mt 13:40)

For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of man. (Mt 24:27)

For as the lightning flashes and lights up the sky from one side to the other, so will the Son of man be in his day. (Lk 17:24)

As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of man. (Mt 24:37)

As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the days of the Son of man. (Lk 17:26)

And as you wish that men would do to you, do so to them. (Lk 6:31)

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of man be lifted up. (Jn 3:14)

For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom he will. (Jn 5:21)

For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. (Jn 5:26)

As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats me will live because of me. (Jn 6:57)

Little children, yet a little while I am with you. You will seek me; and as I said to the Jews so now I say to you, `Where I am going you cannot come.' (Jn 13:33)

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. (Jn 13:34)

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you; abide in my love. (Jn 15:9)

As thou didst send me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. (Jn 17:18)

Even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. (Jn 17:21)

Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you." (Jn 20:21)

No comments: