Saturday, July 03, 2010

Pilgrimage-Vacation Day 0: Allentown

Okay, so I'm not really on pilgrimage yet, just vacation.  I'm driving to Allentown, PA this morning to be with my parents and some of my family for the 4th of July weekend.  But tomorrow I'm beginning my pilgrimage, driving about 9-10 hours to Cincinnati, OH.

I'll be keeping a photo-log (plog?) of my pilgrimage, probably through publicly-shared Facebook photo albums, unless I decide to use Picasa or something like that.

What am I leaving behind?  A house that now has working air conditioning (which it will need for the next several days... it's supposed to hit 90 today and 97 tomorrow!), a fish aptly named Poisson, and a very comfortable bed.  Upon my return, hopefully the A/C will still be working (and the temperature will be lower), the fish will still be alive (I've given it one of those multi-day food thingies), my bed will not have up-and-left, and my wife will be en route from Toronto.

Happy 4th of July!

No comments: