Friday, October 10, 2008

The New Translation of the Mass

I think, in the coming months, I will make an effort to go over the new English translation of the Ordinary of the Mass on this blog, comparing and contrasting the new to the old. The most time will be spent, I imagine, on the Gloria, the Credo, and the Eucharistic Prayers (I through IV). This is in addition to the various Bible Study stuff I'll be posting. And keeping up with my reading of Documents on the Liturgy.

On the subject of Eucharistic Prayers, there is word that the Eucharistic Prayers for Children are being retired. Even though they are present in the 2002 Missale Romanum, the news is that these prayers will be eliminated and not translated. The USCCB has taken the issue of their translation into English off their agenda for their November meeting. (Suggestion: reserve the use of Eucharistic Prayer II for children's Masses!)

1 comment:

preacherman said...

I found this post to be very interesting. I want to thank you for letting us all know about this. I enjoy your blog so much. I learn so much. THank you for all you do. You and your blog has been such a blessing to me. I pray God's richest blessing on you and your family. I love you brother. Love for you to comment on my blog anytime. I appreciate your wisdom. You have a God given gift. Use it! :-)