Thursday, September 11, 2008

Prayer: 9/11

Please offer prayers today, on the 7th anniversary of the September 11th attacks, for the souls of the victims and perpetrators, for the healing of their families, for an end to terrorism, and that the world may come to know the surpassing peace of Jesus Christ.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." (John 14:27)

"I have said this to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:6-7)

No comments: