Saturday, April 07, 2007

Lessons learned from Lent

  1. Daily Mass is great, especially since I was awake anyway.
  2. Eucharistic fasting every day is a discipline that takes a lot of concentration.
  3. Praying the Liturgy of the Hours is an easy way to revive my personal prayer life.
  4. Retreats help me focus on the Lenten journey of Christ.
  5. Receiving Communion on the tongue is... something. A good something. I can't think of the noun or adjective to use.
  6. I love being a Lector.
  7. The Triduum never ceases to move me; the Easter Vigil is phenomenal.
  8. I missed Alleluia.
  9. There's a lot of literature from the Vatican; two down, a billion to go.
  10. It was a crazy idea to be silent on my blog during Lent -- I'm going to be incredibly busy writing posts the whole Easter season.
  11. Latin is a beautiful language.
  12. The Son also rises.
Alleluia, Christ is risen. Amen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying the Liturgy of the Hours is an easy way to revive my personal prayer life.



We did the 24/7 prayer this week I ended up doing three hours in the three times that I came to church. It was amazing for me. We don’t always spend time in prayer like we should.

Happy Easter